- Open this demo from jsfiddle in latest Google Chrome (source).
- You should see search widget with single tweet.
- Open Developer Tools.
- Open Network tab and set “Disable cache” checkbox.
- Click on Device Emulation icon.
- In Network emulation block choose something lower than Regular 3G (GPRS - Good 2G).
- Refresh the page.
- After full load there will be no widget.
Twitter script dynamically sets the height of an iframe. It checks the height of iframe contents and then tries to set the same height for parent. But contents is not loaded at check time. So their height is 0 and script sets iframe’s height to zero too.