Why don't my tweets show in hashtag feeds?

Ive been on twitter since dec 08 and have asked Twitter many times to help resolve this. people ask me all the time why my tweets don’t show in hashtag feeds and i really want it resolved!

Happening to me as well. I NEED my tweets to show up in the Hashtag feed for a university course. Unfortunately, Twitter Support has yet to solve this problem.

Simply saying “Due to the volume of tweets, Twitter does not index all tweets mentioning a certain hashtag, and often adds filters to only show results they think will be relevant” is not a good enough response.

I have the same issue. It has nothing to do with volume. It happens for all hashtags that I put in my tweets.

I’ve complained about this before too, and got the lame “Due to the volume of tweets, Twitter does not index all tweets mentioning a certain hashtag, and often adds filters to only show results they think will be relevant” explanation.

They don’t index “all” tweets? Then why does the search option say “All”? I’m sorry, I thought the word “all” had a specific meaning; as in “the entirety of”. If that’s not going to be the case, they should at least stop lying and change that option to read “Most”.

This is unacceptable. Their automated support responses are completely useless… As a new user with few followers, how am I supposed to make my tweets reach a larger audience without being able to use hashtags? For example, a recent tweet of mine was this…

“New to twitter… Do manual retweets count as a retweet on the original post, or is that just people that hit the retweet button? #confused

Not really expecting any of my 10 followers to respond I was hoping to add #confused to the post to hopefully reach a larger amount of people, only to find out that I don’t show up under the feed for #confused, rendering the entire post useless. Unless I am missing something? I am about to give up on twitter altogether. This is very demotivating for new users…

The link below shows Twitters view on our hashtags. It is not like google that the most relevant posts to the hashtag show up. It must be another reason. Just think about it. If you pay for advertising on Twitter you will have a higher ranking than us low ranking twitter users. I am willing to bet, our posts will show if we paid for twitter services.

Sadly, all I have found on this topic is double talk and misdirection to this topic. It is obvious Twitter is not taking this question seriously and has no intention of fixing it.

One interesting thing I have noticed is that people who support products and services will follow you. I suspect since they have a higher ranking they will see your hashtags. Unfortunately, those that you want as a base audience will not. You are their base audience and they can see your hashtags.

https://twittercommunity.com/t/a-tweet-does-not-show-up-under-the-hashtag-feed-if-the-tweet-also-contains-a-url-along-with-the-hashtag-is-this-behavior-normal/9217?source_topic_id=19193