Whoa there! The request token for this page is invalid. It may have already been used, or expired because it is too old. Please go back to the site or application that sent you here and try again; it was probably just a mistake


#21

Ok to put it clearly for anyone else who might refer to this or experience the same;

It appears this error occurs when your authorisation URL redirect to Twitter has either invalid/old/expired or NULL $token value.

Make sure your auth URL contains the temp token value received from Twitter like this;

$url = $connection->getAuthorizeURL($request_token['oauth_token']);

This resolved the problem after I noticed from the image I posted above that parameter oauth_token had no value.


#22

Hi there. I solved the issue. Was a problem with browser cache. The Cache was redirecting the users to the callback address directly with the cached Auth Token


#23

Even i am facing the same issue which is been posted in the image.
I referred this link. Please help me to sort out this problem.


#25

Hi there . Our app was working fine till last week. Suddenly started to showing the error message. Kindly suggest us on how to proceed.

PS : Tried out clear cache option but in vain


#26

also got same error! :frowning:


#27

Before I dive in, I want to make sure that you read through this entire thread to see if some of the solutions that worked for others might work for you.


#28

Hi! I’m facing the same error when trying to connect Twitter as a social media channel inside SAP Hybris Service, do you know how to fix this?



#29

I’m getting “The request token for this page is invalid. It may have already been used, or expired because it is too old…”

It happened after I did Twurl authorize and it gave me URL to enter in my browser


#30

Now I am also having the same problem. I have tried all techniques that are mentioned here but none worked .


#31

Hello,

I’m having the same problem using Laravel 5.6 / Socialite but only on Https pre-production site while Http site on localhost works fine.
Localhost’s address looks like http://accompagner.XXXX.local while the preprod one is like https://preprod.accompagner.XXXX.fr. Does it matter ?
I can observe many exchanges (more than 50) between twitter and the preprod site in the tasks bar before it ends up with the “Whoa there!” message after a while.

exple of token: https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authenticate?oauth_token=TNXm4QAAAAAA8sU8AAABZoeaSFk

Moreover, in the chrome debug bar I can read:
Error parsing a meta element’s content: ‘;’ is not a valid key-value pair separator. Please use ‘,’ instead.

I don’t have any clue how to solve the problem.

Dom


#32

I have the same problem. I can fixit removing cockies but I need to send to production tomorrow and can’t force users to do this. Normaly work fine at first time, is really random
I do the following checks

  1. Server time is fine
  2. Web is https

(sorry my english)


#34

It looks like your Oauth token is undefined here (see the URL). You should use your token from step 1 of this process: https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/basics/authentication/api-reference/request_token


#35

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.