Whitelist Instructions - Am I Missing a Step for iOS?

ios
twitterkit

I think that I have followed the instructions to whitelist our iOS app but I keep getting 403 errors. I have enabled Callback Locking, updated the callback URL to be [appName]-twitter.[rest of URL]. I have read the documentation, but I still cannot log in to our app via Twitter.

I also made the changes close to 24 hours ago, so whatever changes should have had enough time to propagate.

Am I missing any steps or instructions? This feels very opaque to me.

If this is an iOS app I think you should be using a mobile application protocol e.g. app:// (documented here)

What error are you seeing? Is this a Twitter Kit application?

We are using TwitterKit and the error we are getting is 415 - “Callback URL not approved for this client application. Approved callback URLs can be adjusted in your application settings”

As far as I can tell this is an issue with whitelisting…which I believe I should have taken care of by following the instructions outlined here

For TwitterKit the formats are:

twitterkit-CONSUMERKEY:// for iOS
twittersdk:// for Android

Make certain that there are no trailing spaces.

Unable to login in IOS with browser
iOS Twitter Login error code 415

That is what we have in the app - twitterkit-CONSUMERKEY://

In the ‘Settings’ tab for our app in apps.twitter.com it is in the format specified in my previous post. I still don’t know what else I should be doing to whitelist our app

You should enter that same mobile format (i.e. the app one) into the Settings->Callback URLs field on apps.twitter.com

Thank you! That was it.

Sorry that it was so confusing for me to get that right