When it comes to targeting criteria, these are broken down into two types:
- Primary Types: Followers, Tailored Audiences, Interests, Keywords, TV
- Other Types: Locations, Gender, Languages, Devices and Platforms
Within an Ad Group, targeting criteria are combined as follows depending on what type they are:
- Primary Targeting Types will get ∪‘d (e.g.
Followers ∪ Interests ∪ Keywords)
- Other Targeting Types will get AND‘d (e.g.
Location AND Gender AND Languages)
- Same types will get OR‘d (e.g.
US OR GB)
Let’s look at an example where all these come together:
(Male) AND (GB OR US) AND (Cars ∪ autocross)
In the above example, we are targeting by Gender (Male), Geo (GB or US), Interest (Cars) and Keywords (autocross).