What are these cookies used for?

To comply with new laws, I am trying to find out what the following cookies are used for with my company’s embedded twitter feed:
guest_id
twll
k
js
__utma
__utmz
original_referer
_twitter_sess

I can’t be the only person who needs this information, but I’m really struggling to find it. Can anyone shed any light on the problem?

Hi there,

I also need to find out the same information. In particular, what the purpose of the cookie is, what data does the cookie hold and is the cookie linked to other info about the user (such as username)?

A cookie not on that list that we’ve found is: pid and ab_sess_promoted_arrows_and_pills_78.

@MagicalDean I have found that the _utma and _utmz cookies are linked with Google Analytics. More here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies

If someone from Twitter can help us with our other cookie queries, however, that’d be really helpful.

Thanks.

Hey there,

We just added this FAQ entry, giving details on the kind of data the Twitter Platform captures:

[faq:7917]

That doesn’t actually help as it doesn’t say what the individual cookies actually do. Many companies list exactly what each cookie does so users can choose if the need to block it or not.
Could you please provide information on what the individual cookies do?
Many thanks.