Welcome Message Update Name

Observation - The following PUT for direct_messages/welcome_messages/update.json?id=949802305188020233 -

{
    "name": "Updated Name",
    "message_data": {
        "text": "Welcome to LINQ to Twitter!"
    }
}

Updates the welcome message name property associated with the id parameter. However, the example (in the documentation) only shows how to update the text property.

It seems reasonable, but just want to make sure - Should we be able to update the name property in addition to text?

Hi @JoeMayo, that’s correct. The name property is purposely mutable (update-able).

Dear Joe
Please guide me how to add a default welcome message.

Best Regards,

why no reply

The guide for adding Direct Message Welcome messages via the API is here.

Thank you Andy for your reply.
Really I need your kind support, I am not a twitter developer, we should add welcome message to our customers( healthcare sector) on Twitter.

still I am receiving this message??? why the process is very complicated, should be easy it’s only a default welcome message!!!
Received message once I click @sehahealth:
You’re on the waitlist!
Your application has been received. As with any new platform, we need to be able to test and refine as we scale in order to ensure a quality experience. Due to high demand, you’ve been added to the beta waitlist.

You’ll receive an email when you’ve been granted access. While you wait, check out our documentation, explore our tutorials, or read through our community forums.

Kindly activate that page:
just I need to add few lines :).

https://api.twitter.com/1.1/direct_messages/welcome_messages/new.json

I got this message:
{“errors”:[{“code”:215,“message”:“Bad Authentication data.”}]}

where to put this code???

twurl -A ‘Content-type: application/json’ /1.1/direct_messages/welcome_messages/new.json -d ‘{“name”: “simple_welcome-message 01”, “welcome_message”: {“message_data”: {“text”: “Welcome!”, “attachment”: {“type”: “media”, “media”: {“id”: “48909183894931”}}}}}’

id": "48909183894931 "Do I need a twitter authentication code???
text =شكراً على تواصلكم معنا.
لحجز المواعيد أو الملاحظات والاستفسارات يمكنكم الاتصال : 80050
Thank you for contacting us.
For appointments, inquiries, and comments Call 80050
Follow us / تابعنا
Facebook/ ‏Instagram /Youtube @sehahealth
App: login.seha.ae

Please your reply, it’s very important to add it to our company

We turned this feature off for the majority of users. As you can see in this thread, welcome messages are only available via the API and approved partners. We are unable to provide additional support unless it relates to using the feature via the API.

Hello Andy,
what is the problem, why you make the process more complicated? Kindly set up the welcome message same as it was before??? also, I can’t activate this feature via API??? We still on the waiting list from more than 7 days ago.
Twitter should build user-friendly features as we are using your channel to communicate with our customers and we belong to a governmental healthcare sector across UAE ( 5 million patients on a yearly basis). We get a lot of private messages and we need this auto-reply ASAP.
your Support is highly appreciated Andy :).

I don’t think that Twitter has solved our problem by closing this page???
https://business.twitter.com/i/settings/support
Remember that Twitter Developers have to develop Applications to make our life easy!!!

I apologise that you’re disappointed by these changes. We decided to remove these features from the site, but they are accessible via third party customer engagement tools, or directly via the developer API. There are no plans to restore the settings page for these features in the Twitter app or website

If you want to build on the Direct Message API there should be no need to wait to be approved from a waiting list, it sounds like you’ve applied for premium API access?

I’ve published a couple of quick twurl commands here that should let you set a default welcome message at the command line if you would like to. If you want to do this yourself, there is more documentation here.

dear Andy
I need your prompt reply.
Please, you to guide me step by step:
I open https://github.com/twitter/twurl
from https://apps.twitter.com/app/ I got Owner ID & (API Key) & (API Secret)

How to run the below code and what to change???

twurl -A ‘Content-type: application/json’ /1.1/direct_messages/welcome_messages/new.json -d ‘{“name”: “simple_welcome-message 01”, “welcome_message”: {“message_data”: {“text”: “Welcome!”, “attachment”: {“type”: “media”, “media”: {“id”: “48909183894931”}}}}}’

id": "48909183894931 "Do I need a twitter authentication code???
text =شكراً على تواصلكم معنا.
لحجز المواعيد أو الملاحظات والاستفسارات يمكنكم الاتصال : 80050
Thank you for contacting us.
For appointments, inquiries, and comments Call 80050
Follow us / تابعنا
Facebook/ ‏Instagram /Youtube @sehahealth
App: login.seha.ae