Webhooks for Tweets?

realtime
webhooks

Hi There,

Very quick question:
I got webhooks working and now receive DM events in my application.
Are there plans to send Tweet and Mention events to webhooks at some point? If yes, could I possibly get a time estimate for this?

Many Thanks,
~ Yaroslav

No plans then I take it.

The Account Activity API is intended as a broad replacement for the current user streams API, so the intention is that most of the event types supported in user streams would be available in the future. We’re not currently able to confirm specifics, or the timescale for making these generally available.

Thanks for your reply Andy :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll plan it into my development then.

I also need this feature!
@andypiper Do you have a time estimation yet?

General availability for the Account Activity API is still on the roadmap, no timings to share at this stage.

Hi Andy,

I see the trello card you provided is still on the roadmap only. However the docs say that everyone should move to webhooks to stream tweets.
Does that mean we are going to start receiving events about tweets at some point soon?

So far my webhooks only receives events about DMs, read receipts and typing indicators.

Looking forward to your response.
Many Thanks
~ Yaroslav

It sounds like you are on the beta for webhooks for Direct Messages only. There is a beta for the Account Activity API for All Activities. There is more details on this here. General availability has not yet been announced.

Thanks for the quick reply Andy!

Is there any chance my “beta DM webhook” will just become “alpha All Activity webhook” by itself by June 19th (when streaming API will be eliminated)?
Or should I apply for “beta All Activity webhook” now and use that one instead of my “beta DM webhook”?