Webhook registration and the dreaded "Could not authenticate you" message

webhooks

So I am trying to register my webhook and am getting the message “Could not authenticate” (code 32). Having looked at other posts I cannot see what I am doing wrong.

Here is what I have done so far:

1. Registered for Account Activity API beta access, and I have got the approval email through. My application Id is 14768021.
  2. I have created a webhook registration request in both Node-RED (using the twitter-lite Node JS library) and Postman, and I get the same results. Both use the consumer keys, consumer secrets, token key and token secret. I can use these keys to perform other functions such as calling the account/verify_credentials service, so am happy that these are good.
  3. In both cases, I am making a POST request to the following URL https://api.twitter.com/1.1/account_activity/all/env-beta/webhooks.json, with a POST param containing the url, and with the OAuth headers set to the consumer keys and tokens.
  4. I have also created the CRC check service, but I am not seeing any request coming through for that from this registration process, so I think the process of registration is failing before getting to that point.

Is it possible for someone to look into my specific application account using the application Id to see if my access is fully enabled. If you need more info let me know and I will post these up.

Thanks in advance.

Try using this project to setup your auth credentials.

They’ll tell you to try it eventually most likely.

Thanks, I will give this a go.

OK so I have got further with this app and can now see it calling my CRC service.

Awesome to hear! :smiley:

Thanks. I can now register my webhook as my CRC validation service is working :slight_smile: