Validator claims meta tag is missing

Hey, I’m just coming to grips with Twitter Cards so apologies if I’m just being dense.

I’ve uploaded the meta tags onto one of my pages, the bottom bit looks like this:

<meta name="twitter:label1" content="SPECIAL OFFER">
<meta name="twitter:data1" content="Free Laminate or Tiles">
<meta name="twitter:label2" content="Location">
<meta name="twitter:data2" content="Merseyside and surrounding areas">

But when I put it in the validator it says:

ERROR: Required meta tag missing (twitter:data1)

Have I gone mad? It appears to be there.

Hi Jenny! thanks for the question. It does look ok from what you have posted here. Are you able to share a link to the page you’ve added the markup to, so that we can take a closer look? it could be something else that is missing, confusing the validator.

Sorry for the frustration, we’ll try to help get this sorted out.

It suddenly worked - must have just been combing through some bugs. Thanks for your help anyway, I’m sure I’ll need much more in the coming months!

It happened again!

Last time it just sorted itself but I’d rather learn what I’m doing wrong so I can fix it. The web page with the code on is http://www.allertonwindows.co.uk/improve-your-home/conservatory-orangeries/

It looks like you’re missing a double quote " mark on the end of the twitter:creator tag - try tweaking that?

Oh good eyes! Changed that but still nothing - maybe I’ll have to wait it out =(

So now you’re getting ERROR: Required meta tag missing (twitter:label1) - if you look at the tag immediately before that which is twitter:description, you’re missing the closing > on the end.

Fiddly! :smile:

D’oh! Thanks so much!

Hurrah! Card looks great :thumbsup: