Usage limits for Search Tweets: Full Archive / Sandbox

Hi,

My understanding is that there is a limit of 50 requests per month with a Sandbox account, and 100 tweet max per request. For example, when I requested 100 older tweets from a particular account I used up 1 request, while when I requested 500 older tweets form a particular account I used up 5 requests.

My question is why there is a 1 million tweet limit, given that I could at most request 50 x 100 = 5000 tweets. Am I missing something? Is there a way to request more than 100 tweets per request?

Thanks for clarifying!

The way i read it is that “Sandbox” is the limit on Requests and number of tweets per request, while 1M Tweets max is a limit on “Fullarchive” endpoint.

So a “Sandbox” level access can request 50 times, 100 tweets per request, and never hit the 1M tweet limit. A “Premium” paid level can have 500 tweets per request and the limit on requests is 2500 - which would hit the 1M tweets per month limit (i’m guessing but i imagine it’s extra charges, or just no more access after this limit.)

OK, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.