Updating "allow_dms_from" using whitelisted app returns code 87: Client is not permitted to perform this action

Hello,

I’ve requested whitelisted access for updating the allow_dms_from account setting, and I’ve been granted access. Unfortunately, when I call the endpoint as detailed in the documentation API Updates for Direct Messages Rules I receive the following error message:

{"code":87,"message":"Client is not permitted to perform this action."}

I have gone back and forth with the person who granted our application access and they confirmed we’re whitelisted, but told us they do not provide technical support through the request form.

I’m really frustrated and at a loss for what to do. I’ve tried calling the endpoint a number of different ways, using POST parameters, including the allow_dms_from setting in the URL, and I’m still getting the above error. All other endpoints we use are working fine, so our application is able to use non-whitelisted Twitter API endpoints without issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can provide whatever details are needed to resolve this issue.

I’ve yet to hear anything, and I was told this is the official way to request support for Twitter developers. Can anyone assist?