Updated Twitter button has 2 quite big bugs

I’m using the anchor tag method and data-(name) attributes. The URL in the tweet is not the data-url attribute, it takes the data-counturl, which is incorrect as we add a referral attribute to the data-url to ensure we track clicks to the right user. So now we can’t track. Also the data-text gets split by apostrophes so the text looks incomplete as it is missing have the sentence.

Is there a way to use the old button until there is a fix?

Thanks

Ollie

I’m also anxious to know if it’s possible to use the old button, or if there’s updated documentation available for the new button.

I switched from the anchor tag method to the URL-encoded method today thinking that I’d just done it wrong, but the text attribute still splits on the %27, no matter how I try and escape it. Quite a problem!

I’m also anxious to know if it’s possible to use the old button, or if
there’s updated documentation available for the new button.

I switched from the anchor tag method to the URL-encoded method today
thinking that I’d just done it wrong, but the text attribute still splits on
the %27, no matter how I try and escape it. Quite a problem!

We’re working to resolve the issue with the “’” (%27) character now. The docs for the buttons will be updated a little later this morning. The old button is no longer, there is only the new button now :slight_smile:

@OllieParsley: Can you share the exact HTML you’re using to declare your Tweet Button where the datacount-url and data-url is being mixed up? Also, a link to the page online? Thanks.

We’ve been very careful to limit the amount of issues this upgrade may cause, but with the multitude of implementation scenarios and browser combinations, there will likely be a few minor issues here and there that we missed. We’ll be as swift as we can in resolving them.

We have just deployed a fix to the single quote ’ issue with the Tweet Button. This fix should address the issues that were mentioned above with tweet text getting truncated. If you can confirm that you are now seeing the expected behavior that’d be great.

@OllieParsley, regarding the other issue, we are investigating the issue now and will keep you updated if we identify an issue. As per @episod’s comment, can you provide the HTML markup you are using to help us investigate?

Confirmed; we’re back to seeing the expected behavior without the split on single quotes '. Thanks for taking care of that.