update_with_media.json 226 error

Hello.
I created an application to publish messages in my tape, but after it became 08.02.2014 return an error code 226
"This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can’t complete this action right now. Please try again later."
Getting this error message when I try to send a DM that includes a image.

How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance

Hello,

I have the same problem, what can we do? I try to tweet with an image in my app and it doesn’t work, saying this error: “This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can’t complete this action right now. Please try again later.”.

Thanks!

Hey there. We’ve just added this error code to [node:130] and posted a discussion about it at [node:27684].

Hello.

I’m not a developer but I’ve been running across a number of problems with Twitter.

First, my account was suspended for supposed automated or bot behavior. I only schedule tweets via TweetDeck but not regularly or even on a daily basis. Other connected apps include WordPress.com. Regular number of tweets would be 25-30 a day, and would include replies, a number of favorites and retweets. I do not promote anything on my page at all and it’s actually quite personal so I was surprised it got locked.

Trying to unlock my account took a while because of the delay in sending the verification code. Some codes came in a day late and so when I tried inputting it, I got an “invalid code” during my attempt to unlock it. I was able to restore my account about three days after, but also got an email my account was suspended “due to multiple or repeat violations of the Twitter Rules”. I think it’s unfair to just suspend accounts without a prior warning indicating specific violations the user (I have) has been committing.

Second, when I got back my account I was able to tweet for a day and a half before I started encountering issues this time in tweeting. I noticed it first using the Twitter App for Android wherein I would repeatedly getting a “failed to tweet” notification. It was when I used my web browser that I found out the reason, which is Twitter Error Code 226.

I am again not sure why Twitter is tagging my tweets as spam as I do not promote or sell products nor used any automated means apart from the Tweet Deck scheduling which isn’t even on a regular basis. I tried the other solutions recommended here: Error Code 226 - This request looks like it might be automated but to no avail, including logging out and resetting my password.

This is really frustrating me because I do not understand or know the violation I committed if any, and because I am not getting any troubleshooting support from Twitter for a personal account.

I’m sorry that this is frustrating for you - unfortunately we are unable to help with user account issues here, and you’ll need to use the Support forms to raise your case. Thanks.