Update to blocks/list and blocks/ids to default cursoring in API v1.1

Hi developers,

As part of our refinement efforts on the recently released API v1.1, we have concluded that the [node:9759] and [node:9758] should respond with a cursored response by default. We would like to make this change one week from today, on October 15th 2012.

If you’re already consuming API v1.1’s blocks/list or blocks/ids methods, you may need to change your code to anticipate the cursored response.

If you’re unfamiliar with cursors on the @twitterapi, please read [node:10362].

Today, a parameterless request to blocks/ids would provide a response like:

[

]

After this change, the default response would be the equivalent to passing cursor=-1 as a parameter:

{
“previous_cursor”: 0,
“ids”: [

],
“previous_cursor_str”: “0”,
“next_cursor”: 0,
“next_cursor_str”: “0”
}

This change affects API v1.1 only. API v1 will not be changed.

If you’re an API v1.1 consumer needing longer than a week to accommodate this change or have any other questions, please let us know as soon as possible.

Thanks!
@episod

We’ve not received any feedback on this announcement indicating that the change would cause anyone an inconvenience. We will proceed cautiously today in making this adjustment to API v1.1’s blocks/ids and blocks/lists method. Thank you.

My twitter list is no longer working in my widgetbox widget. Is there a solution? The widget using the twitter list is no longer reading the twitter list. I"m getting a message from widgetbox that says “We’re sorry, we’re no longer able to get your updates from twitter”

This defaulting to cursoring on these methods is beginning now. Please let us know if you have issues Reminder: this applies to API v1.1 methods only.

Hi Taylor,
I have faced inconvenience for updating the version.I am unable to tweets from my application.I got the following issue

The Twitter REST API v1 is no longer active. Please migrate to API v1.1.

Please guide me how to migrate to API v1.1 .
FluentTwitter.CreateRequest().AuthenticateWith(ConsumerKey,
ConsumerSecret, AccessToken.Token, AccessToken.TokenSecret)
.Statuses().Update(tweet).Request();

Find a more recent version of the library you’re using or dive into the library to figure out what changes are necessary to make it work with API v1.1. The library you use might not be maintained any longer and you might need to find a new one.