Unexpected results for GET statuses/user_timeline

Whenever I go a ‘GET statuses/user_timeline’ with the ‘screen_name’ parameter (im not using the ‘user_id’ param) and use the value ‘The Colbert Report’ for example, I get back MY logged in user’s user_timeline. It appears to be whenever I use another user’s user_id value for the screen_name, I get my own user_timeline back. Has anyone else saw this? Is this an issue in the API?

The screen_name parameter is expecting a string value with no space characters in it. In the case of the account belonging to the TV show the Colbert Report, you would want to use the screen_name value “ColbertReport”, as in https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/user_timeline.json?screen_name=ColbertReport

If you’re in a situation where you don’t necessarily know the name or user ID of the account, use [node:10366] to try and discover the name or ID.

Sure, I understand that. I was more trying to find out if its their API that is returning the wrong data back. I really would expect a HTTP error code back rather than my own timeline back. Is this a bug on their side?