Unauthorized client application

api-access
application-status

HI,

I keep getting the follwing when query accounts via the Ads API

{“errors”:[{“code”:“UNAUTHORIZED_CLIENT_APPLICATION”,“message”:“The client application making this request does not have access to this API”}],“request”:{“params”:{}}}

i tried both CURL method and website method( with your github example), the authintication part is working great but when im trying to get all account (or any other Ad API call ) i am getting 403.

the curl call is
curl --get ‘https://ads-api.twitter.com/0/accounts’ --header ‘Authorization: OAuth oauth_consumer_key=“XXXXX”, oauth_nonce=“XXXXX”, oauth_signature=“XXXXX”, oauth_signature_method=“HMAC-SHA1”, oauth_timestamp=“XXXX”, oauth_token=“XXXXX”, oauth_version=“1.0”’ --verbose

Have you tried to follow the twurl HOW TO?

Follow this link Manage Campaigns, twUrl ( How to)

All the information is clearly explained.

Also, You have a developer access account, don’t you?"

Yes , i tried both twUrl and cURL methods.
i have a developer access.

This could sound a little stupid.

But, are you using the correct app?

First time I’ve tried to connect with twitter ads api, I was logged with my personal account so I hadn’t got access.

This could be the reason.

If not, we should wait until some of twitter staff members will give you help.

Regards!

Hi,

I get the same issue -
{“errors”:[{“code”:“UNAUTHORIZED_CLIENT_APPLICATION”,“message”:“The client application making this request does not have access to this API”}],“request”:{“params”:{}}}

I got a confirmation that my app is whitelisted, and I tried using curl and twurl after activating the right user account.

Same issue here.

Got the same “The client application making this request does not have access to this API” when trying to create a campaign on sandbox (ads-api-sandbox.twitter.com) using official twurl. I’m sure the app token i’m using is already whitelisted, and I have no issue calling other GET endpoints such as /0/accounts/xxxxxx/funding_instruments and /0/accounts/.

Hi All,
Given below is the API License i obtain from the twitter team.
This Advertising API License Agreement (“Agreement”) is made between the entity identified in the Ads API Sign Up Form(s) submitted to Twitter by such entity (or its authorized representative) (referred to herein as “Company”) and Twitter, Inc., on behalf of itself and its Affiliates (as defined below) (collectively, “Twitter”), and governs Company’s access to and use of the Licensed Material (as defined below). “Affiliate” means any other entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Twitter.

Below code ha make the call to sandbox api,

$url = 'https://ads-api-sandbox.twitter.com/0/accounts';
	$requestMethod = 'GET';
echo $twitter->buildOauth($url, $requestMethod)
             ->performRequest();

i got ,
{"errors":[{"code":"UNAUTHORIZED_CLIENT_APPLICATION","message":"The client application making this request does not have access to this API"}],"request":{"params":{}}}

can any explain me how to fix this.
Regards,
Hariharasuthan.M

Sorry, could you solved the problem?

Happens the same for me …

Thanks, appreciate your help :smile:

I am seeing the same error. Did you manage to find a solution?

There are only a few reasons for this error message. Please see our FAQ on the topic.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.