Unable to render Card preview


#1

Description of issue:
I have until recently been tweeting links to my site without problems. In the last few days, whenever I tweet there is no card shown.

Using the Twitter Card Validator I get the following:

Unable to render Card preview

INFO: Page fetched successfully
INFO: 2 metatags were found
ERROR: No card found (Card error)

URL affected (must be public):

Troubleshooting steps attempted [note that we will not prioritise posts unless there is evidence of following the troubleshooting guides]:
I have checked that the twitter tags are showing in the part of the source code.
I have checked the settings on Yoast, and also deactivated it and tried alternative Twitter Card plugins, including the official Twitter one.
I have tried changing robots.txt to allow Twitterbot.
None of these have made a difference.
Unfortunately, some of the other troubleshooting tips are a bit beyond my level of understanding. Any help is appreciated.


#2

I’m having the exact same problem and no luck. I’ve run a twitterbot curl on yours and mine. HTTP/1.1 200 OK

I will let you know if I figure anything out, using YOAST as well, but I don’t think that is the problem.

user@debian:~$ curl -v -A Twitterbot http://stateofnatureblog.com/
*   Trying 185.38.44.18...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* Connected to stateofnatureblog.com (185.38.44.18) port 80 (#0)
> GET / HTTP/1.1
> Host: stateofnatureblog.com
> User-Agent: Twitterbot
> Accept: */*
> 
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< X-Powered-By: PHP/5.6.34
< Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
< Link: <http://stateofnatureblog.com/wp-json/>; rel="https://api.w.org/"
< Link: <https://wp.me/98Wki>; rel=shortlink
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
< Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2018 20:38:19 GMT
< Accept-Ranges: bytes
< Server: LiteSpeed
< Connection: Keep-Alive
< 
<!DOCTYPE html>

<!--[if IE 8]>
<html id="ie8" lang="en-GB" prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#">
<![endif]-->
<!--[if !(IE 8) ]><!-->
<html lang="en-GB" prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#">
<!--<![endif]-->
<head>
<meta charset="UTF-8" />
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
<link rel="profile" href="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11" />
<link rel="pingback" href="http://stateofnatureblog.com/xmlrpc.php" />
<title>state of nature - conversations on social and political theory</title>

<!-- This site is optimized with the Yoast SEO plugin v7.0.2 - https://yoast.com/wordpress/plugins/seo/ -->
<meta name="description" content="conversations on social and political theory"/>
<link rel="canonical" href="http://stateofnatureblog.com/" />
<link rel="next" href="http://stateofnatureblog.com/page/2/" />
<meta property="og:locale" content="en_GB" />
<meta property="og:type" content="website" />
<meta property="og:title" content="state of nature - conversations on social and political theory" />
<meta property="og:description" content="conversations on social and political theory" />
<meta property="og:url" content="http://stateofnatureblog.com/" />
<meta property="og:site_name" content="state of nature" />
<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary_large_image" />
<meta name="twitter:description" content="conversations on social and political theory" />
<meta name="twitter:title" content="state of nature - conversations on social and political theory" />
<meta name="twitter:site" content="@statenature" />
<script type='application/ld+json'>{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@type":"WebSite","@id":"#website","url":"http:\/\/stateofnatureblog.com\/","name":"state of nature","potentialAction":{"@type":"SearchAction","target":"http:\/\/stateofnatureblog.com\/?s={search_term_string}","query-input":"required name=search_term_string"}}</script>
<script type='application/ld+json'>{"@context":"https:\/\/schema.org","@type":"Person","url":"http:\/\/stateofnatureblog.com\/","sameAs":["https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/State-of-Nature-165994683470910\/","https:\/\/twitter.com\/statenature"],"@id":"#person","name":"Cihan Aksan & Jon Bailes"}</script>
<!-- / Yoast SEO plugin. -->

#3

I think in your case is caused by the robots.txt file if you site.
see here: http://stateofnatureblog.com/robots.txt:

#Begin Attracta SEO Tools Sitemap. Do not remove
sitemap: http://cdn.attracta.com/sitemap/5282755.xml.gz
#End Attracta SEO Tools Sitemap. Do not remove

I would try adding:

User-agent: Twitterbot
Disallow:

#4

Well, today it’s just started working again, without me doing anything.

Hopefully whatever it was doesn’t happen again.

Thanks anyway for the replies.


#5

Yeah, started working again for me too. Think it was a twitterbot issue. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:


#6

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.