Unable to make auth login with iPhone application

I have an application which uses REST API heavily.
For last one week we get reports from iPhone users.
Steps like this:

1- User opens Twitter iPhone app and find our application’s link.
2- User clicks link, Twitter app opens our website inside Twitter browser.
3- User clicks sign in with twitter, writes username password.
4- user gets a page. That page says that “@sessions doesnt exists” and shows empty profile page who’s username is @session.

Why this happens ? How can we solve this ?

Note: Everything works fine for others. This happens in minority of iPhone users.

These are the screenshots for the oauth login amd error.

Similar problem with @sessions is here: https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/30392

This authentication error is not yet resolved. I think twitter should fix this bug as soon as possible.

We are investigating.

Thank you.
I checked this issue with another Twitter application, same problem exists there also.

These are some erroneous applications’ user agents:

• Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/11D257 Twitter for iPhone
  • Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/11D257 Twitter for iPhone
  • Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/11D201 Twitter for iPhone
  • Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 6_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/10B146 Twitter for iPhone

thanks for the additional detail - we are taking a look right now.

@andypiper to add on to this, I am also currently dealing with this issue. I found a post that points out to other people having issues in this topic. https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/33024

Would love to hear any feedback on this issue and if there are any other suggestions as to how to deal with this for the meantime.

We are working on a fix for this - stay tuned and we really do apologise for the inconvenience it is causing.

Thank you for the quick response. Any estimate idea as to when this can be resolved?

I’ll use the word “imminent” - hopefully in the next day or so but it may take longer depending on backend deployments.

@andypiper the authentication process doesn’t redirect anymore to @sessions. I have tried it a while ago. I think this issue’s now solved.

Seems to be working correctly again for me

Great news - yes, we rolled out a fix yesterday - glad things are working again for you all!

Thank you. It seems working again.