Unable to apply for higher rates

rate-limits

We need to apply for higher API rate limits (tweets and follows), but are unable to do so because we just cannot see the required option on the https://help.twitter.com/forms/platform . So what I did was, I selected “I have an API policy question not covered by these points”, and I described my API rate inquiry as above, but I got this in reply and really think you might have some problem with your form, maybe you need to fix where these forms gets sent? Because I did send it from the developer account which just got accepted into developer.twitter.com, and also has a Twitter app going since more than a year.

In the meantime I will do what it says, reply to it and ask for higher API rates again…

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out. This helpdesk is for policy inquiries from developers building on the Twitter Platform. For all other requests, including those regarding account suspensions, harassment, and general support, please refile your request via the appropriate form here.

Please reply to this ticket if you have questions about Twitter’s developer policies, the EU-US Privacy Shield, or if you believe that you have received this message in error.

Note that we aim to respond to most platform queries in one business day.

Regards,

Twitter Platform Operations

We have invited developers to apply for elevated POST rate limits whom we know will be affected or have been historically close to the new limits so that we can prioritize getting them elevated access and avoid interruption to their use of Twitter APIs. The ‘I would like to apply for elevated POST limits.’ request option is currently only visible to those developers — this missing piece of information was an oversight in our recent instructions for requesting elevated POST access.

We are recommending that those individuals who cannot see the above option to use ‘I have an API policy question not covered by these points’, and explain your use case and expected volume of POST requests, which it sounds like you have already done. Thank you for your patience. We’re taking this as feedback and working to simplify our requests of the developer community.

We just announced that we are going to be extending the enforcement date to October 22nd.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.