TWTR.Widget

Hi guyes

I am trying to embed twitter Feeds on a website. The easiest way to do so was with the widget. But I cant figure out how to up the widget so older tweets will be shown also. Like lets say allways show me the latest 20 Tweets.

I do have this code

new TWTR.Widget({
  version: 2,
  type: 'search',
  search: 'from:defactoCH OR to:defactoCH',
  interval: 60,
  title: '',
  subject: '',
  width: 270,
  height: 400,
  theme: {
    shell: {
      background: '#8ec1da',
      color: '#ffffff'
    },
    tweets: {
      background: '#ffffff',
      color: '#444444',
      links: '#1985b5'
    }
  },
 features: {
		scrollbar: false,
		loop: true,
		live: true,
		hashtags: true,
		timestamp: true,
		toptweets: true,
		behavior: 'default'
	  }
	}).render().start();

During my google search I could not find anything that helped me. I still would like to have the behavior so the tweets will float in. Is this possible?
Thank you so much for your help.

Rilana

Unfortunately the search widget will only display Tweets which have been posted in the last 6-9 days. If you use a profile widget ( https://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets/widget_profile ), then you’ll see the specified number of Tweets which are from the specified account (not to).

If you want to show the last 20 from and to the specified account, you’ll need to build your own widget to fetch the appropriate feeds.

Hi Thank you so much for your reply! I just have one more question, is it possible to still have this behavior with the one tweet after the other slowly coming in? I mean is this function in the api? If you know so, then it would be nice if you could just tell me, bevor I dig into it. Because it seems like that behavior was sooo important to the client :slight_smile: thank you for your reply! Rilana

Everything related to display of the Tweets was handled by the widget, not the API. So if you use an official widget, I believe that they all render the same way. If you make your own, you’ll need to figure out the appropriate way to animate things.

I am facing an issue…If I set live:true then I get below JS Error.

Microsoft JScript runtime error: Unable to get value of the property ‘parentNode’: object is null or undefined

This error shows up only in IE …Any thoughts? Thanks.

I was having the same problem on IE when no other text proceeded the script on the page.

I added a character (.) on a hidden layer behind the list as a workaround.

With the change in Twitter getting rid of the 1.0 API, is this feed generator going to still be working?
Thanks

I’d like to know this as well

Currently there is no way to dynamically set a user with the new embedded timeline widget.

What if I want to have users on my website enable a twitter feed on their portfolio? How can I do that?

This code will not work with the deprecation of 1.0. You can create new search widgets here https://twitter.com/settings/widgets

We are aware that there are some limitations to the new widgets when compared to the old school. Stay tuned.

Should we expect to see a widget that can pull any user’s feed dynamically as it is currently, to be available before 1.0 gets dropped?