Two questions regarding the rules

Hey guys, I have two questions which I haven’t been able to get a definitive answer to and I’d like some clarification.

Firstly, am I allowed to do this if users of my application have full knowledge that this is going to happen?
I can imagine it being frowned upon, perhaps, but only around 6% of my application’s users follow my application’s page, and I’d like to be able to get news across to anyone who has used my app in the past when I add new features to it.

Secondly, I’d like users to be able to respond through my application with Tweets longer than 140 characters - am I allowed to implement this into my site whereby users’ tweets link back to a page on my site which displays longer text?

Thanks in advance!

1. If you’d like users to follow your account as part of the process of authorizing, make sure it’s crystal clear before the authorization begins and the user can opt-out (and that it’s obvious how to opt out) before authorizing. Honor the user’s choice. I would recommend making it opt-in instead of opt-out, however, and using your copy skills to convince the user of the value in following the account.

2. There’s nothing directly forbidding this but you’ve got to be careful to honor the user’s wishes in this case – best to steer clear of anyone with a protected account, any kind of connectivity/association with direct messages, and so on. Tweets should be able to stand on their own generally. If you’re displaying anything Twitter related on the site hosting these tweets, make sure it’s done accordingly with the display guidelines (or use embedded tweets).

Thanks a lot!

Не могу добавлять новых участников сайта, в чем дело?