So, a friend of mine ( http://twitter.com/mr_jese ) is using a plugin that needs to select user tweets via the Twitter API. But the weirdest thing is happening: the Twitter user_timeline request is only sending back 2 tweets–even when the count is set much higher!
- Go to https://dev.twitter.com/rest/tools/console
- Sign in (top right)
- On the Authentication dropdown, choose OAuth 1 and allow
- On side panel, choose GET /statuses/user_timeline.json
- Choose the following query parameters:
- count: 10 (or anything higher than 3)
- exlude_replies: true
- include_rts: false
- screen_name: mr_jese
- Click the big orange “Send” at the top.
Viola! It only returns 2 tweets…even though my friend has many more than 2 tweets.
Why? Any ideas?