TwitterOauth - upload single image with status text

php

Hi,

Been using twitterauth to post text updates just fine.

Now i need to tweet a single image and text.

Searcehd for ages but can’t find a php example of how to tweet a single image and text … only found example using multiple images.

anyone show me how to use twitteroauth to tweet singe image ad text?

Posting one image using TwitterOAuth is the same as posting multiple. You just change how many image files to include.

$connection = new TwitterOAuth(CONSUMER_KEY, CONSUMER_SECRET, $access_token, $access_token_secret);
$media1 = $connection->upload('media/upload', ['media' => '/path/to/file/kitten1.jpg']);
$parameters = [
    'status' => 'Meow Meow Meow',
    'media_ids' => implode(',', [$media1->media_id_string]),
];
$result = $connection->post('statuses/update', $parameters);

Thanks

why is it returning Undefined property: stdClass::$media_id_string?

$connection = new TwitterOAuth($consumerkey, $consumersecret, $access_token, $access_token_secret);
$media1 = $connection->upload(‘media/upload’, [‘media’ => ‘/home/birdsey8/www/images1/twitter_image.png’]);
$parameters = [ ‘status’ => ‘Cartoon upload test’, ‘media_ids’ => implode(’,’,[$media1->media_id_string])];

$result = $connection->post(‘statuses/update’, $parameters);

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$media_id_string in /home/birdsey8/php/twitter.php on line 40

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/birdsey8/php/twitter.php on line 44

How do I retrieve the media_id?

That looks correct @Robert_Seymour. I suspect that the upload request is failing and returning an error instead of an uploaded media response. Try throwing in some error handling before you post the tweet.

$media1 = $connection->upload(...);
if ($connection->getLastHttpCode() == 200) {
  // Post tweet
} else {
  // Handle error case
}

Hello I would like to post a title a url a hashtag and an image, I get there but the url did not recognize (no click on it possible). Should we do something special?
thank you

Make sure you include https:// a part of the URL.

oops I’m sorry, in fact I sent the correct url but as it pointed to a local url (and local domain) it did not work, off course :wink: , thank you for your help and for your api