Twitter widget on website disappears when refresh the page?

I have just set up a new website using mixxt, and am trying to get my most recent feeds to appear on the front page. When I paste the code into the widget template box the feeds appear, but as soon as the page refreshes it disappears and the widget box is empty.

I contacted Twitter support about this and they redirected me here. Thanks in advance (and please make your answers as simple as possible!).

Can you tell us more about mixxt and where you got the widget code that you’re using in it?

Mixxt allows you to set up your own social media website by using a template - I just select the boxes I want (e.g, text box, widget box, RSS) and arrange them how I wish on the page. I got the code from the twitter website http://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets/widget_profile and cut and pasted it into the widget box. I’ve done this with other widget codes (not Twitter) and they’ve been fine. Sometimes when I paste the code in and save, the feed doesn’t appear at all, and other times it appears until the page is refreshed when it vanishes.

I’ve figured it out now - there’s nothing wrong with the code etc, it’s the browser. It doesn’t appear to work in IE7, but google chrome works.

Thanks for the help!

I am having the same kind of problem…But in this case browser is not the issue. The twitter profile widget is working in IE8 and chrome sometimes. But very frequently it stops working and the twitter box is empty without displaying any tweets in it… It doesn’t even shows up any tweet in ‘http://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets/widget_profile’ as well. The problem is not with the browser. It seems the twitter widget is down sometimes. Can I any one quickly help me in this. Can you please suggest me how can I show a custom error message when the twitter widget is down. Thanks in advance!!

Are you working from behind a shared IP address? If many users with the same IP visit a widget enough times in an hour, you may be running out of anonymous quota.

Hi kurrik thanks for the reply…

But it is not a shared IP adress. I am trying it from a independent IP. The issue is like even we are trying to hit the widget for the first time in a day, it is not showing up any tweet. This happens very frequently some times it shows up the tweet in widget and sometimes it doesn’t.

Anonymous requests all count against the same IP, so it’s even possible for a single user to exhaust the quota.

Do you see any errors in the browser’s Javascript console? Any failing HTTP requests?

yeah it is giving me ‘object doesn’t support this property or method error widget.js code 0’ error in IE8 and also doesn’t show any tweet, where as other browsers will also not show any tweet in the widget without giving the error.

Can you please also let me know how can we display the custom error message when the twitter widget is down. Thanks in advance!!

Hi,

Can I please have an update on this… Yesterday also the twitter widget is down and it was not showing up the tweet in the profile widget for some hours. We need the fix asap…

Increase your interval to 40000. Look into the code, you will find a line like this:

interval: 40000, the more the better. If the interval is at the default, 30000, it easily times out but increasing the interval reduces the hit on Twitter server.

You can also achieve this by increasing the interval to at least 40 when you are generating the code.

Increase your interval to 40000. Look into the code, you will find a line like this:

interval: 40000, the more the better. If the interval is at the default, 30000, it easily times out but increasing the interval reduces the hit on Twitter server.

You can also achieve this by increasing the interval to at least 40 when you are generating the code.

The Twitter feed has disappeared from www.edmondsmarketing.com.au (IE and Firefox) - why is this?

I checked the widget on the site and all seems to be in order. I tried removing the widget and adding again and this did not fix the issue. I quick look at the forum at woo themes and it seems others have had this issue and it may be coming from the Twitter end. Anyone aware of possible solutions?