Twitter widget not working on my and many other websites

Hi there,

I created a widget a while back for a website that I’m working on and over the last two days (September 12-13, 2012) it has been working sporadically. Is this code permanently broken? I’ve looked at other websites using this widget and they also are not displaying tweets so I think it is more than just my local problem. Please let me know if there is anything that can be done in order to continue using this widget. I really like it as it is a good way of integrating twitter into my web site. I tried the new widget generator but the code does not work for me at all, it just displays a link.

The code follows below;

<script>
            new TWTR.Widget({
              version: 2,
              type: 'profile',
              rpp: 4,
              interval: 30000,
              width: 200,
              height: 300,
              theme: {
                shell: {
                  background: '#283490',
                  color: '#ffffff'
                },
                tweets: {
                  background: '#8381bc',
                  color: '#ffffff',
                  links: '#362020'
                }
              },
              features: {
                scrollbar: false,
                loop: false,
                live: true,
                behavior: 'all'
              }
            }).render().setUser('AoCGrantmakers').start();
            </script>

z

I have exactly the same problem: the widget generator creates a widget, but the code when embedded only creates a single line link, not the widget.

Any chance someone form Twitter will actualkly answer this thread? Very poor to see original post is 9 weeks ago and still no response.

Same issue here. I have a page on a server halfway across the country. Pure html with only the widget in it. My computer renders a single line link, but not the widget. Another computer right next to me, (same LAN) renders it perfectly in all browsers. I’ve tried all of my browsers, no dice. It isn’t a firewall (disabled mine) issue… any ideas as to what causes all 3 browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) not to render it on a machine?

SOLUTION: It’s simple really. If you are using a site that is say “mywebsite.com” or “www.mywebsite.com” You can’t just specify the domain as “mywebsite.com”. It will work for only “mywebsite.com” instead you need to add the wildcard to the widget builder in the domain. So specify “*.mywebsite.com”. Now it works on both.

Hope this helps someone else!

?SOLUTION: I hope this helps you. It was VERY frustrating for me. It’s simple really. If you are using a site that is say “mywebsite.com” or “www.mywebsite.com” You can’t just specify the domain as “mywebsite.com”. It will work for only “mywebsite.com” instead you need to add the wildcard to the widget builder in the domain. So specify “*.mywebsite.com”. Now it works on both.

Hope this helps someone else

I understand what you are saying about “mywebsite.com” or “www.mywebsite.com” but where do we make these changes? In the widget code? Somewhere in the website?
I am trying to get the twitter widget to work in Libguides… with a domain under our major domain:
guides.seattleacademy.com (no www)