Twitter widget not delivered in a secure connection?

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to use the basic Twitter widget to embed in our website’s homepage however when viewing the page on Internet Explorer, it gives a pop up warning that asks “Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely? Yes/No.” Although it is just a warning it does not leave a good impression on visitors and I do not want this to happen. Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem? Thank you!

Zulay

Hey Zulay,

Our widgets and butons are not supporting SSL yet. This is something we’re hoping to support in the future. In the meantime, you could host and serve the widget.js file from your SSL webserver in order to get rid of that warning.

Thank you for the speedy response! Forgive me for not being the IT person on staff however in order to translate over to our in-house tech team, I imagine that if we didn’t want to modify much (if anything) to the widget beyond what is shown in the builder (https://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets/widget_profile), this could be as simple as copy & pasting the .js into our server and just modifying the as needed?

after I hosted the widget.js file on my own server, the widget was then unable to show a web link correctly, showing html code in the tweet.

This happens to me, too.

it also seems as if any space after a punctuation, is replaced by an @

We’re running into this same URL issue since we went to a self-hosted script in order to better control the CSS of the widget. All URLs show up as plain text (including Twitter usernames), Anyone manage to get this problem fixed? I’d love to have both consistent typography AND functioning URLs.