Twitter was not able to perform your query within the Timeout limit of 10000 ms

Hi,
I’ve an app that retrieves the home timeline of my users, and periodically I see a lot of these errors in my log files:

“Twitter was not able to perform your query within the Timeout limit of 10000 ms.” (status code=408)

What does it mean? Is it an error from twitter’ side or mine?

That appears to be an error message string from the tweetinvi API library. I can’t comment on what causes it on the Twitter side.

tweetinvi’s author said: “This simply mean that Twitter could not be reached or did not provide a reply after a delay of 10 seconds.”.
My server has no network issue, so should I add some retry feature in my code? is it normal that twitter API takes longer than 10 seconds to reply?

Not normal, is this reproducible with specific user accounts, or random?

it’s totally random…
is there some kind of throttling on twitter’ side? because my app calls twitter at regular intervals, for hundreds of user accounts

The only limit would be the regular rate limits for the API calls, and if you’re within those, then I would not expect this to be occurring.

Hi @jcmag22

Did you found a solution against this issue? I also get some timeout errors on my app (ASP.Net Core, hosted on a Debian server behind nginx) but I never got one while testing on my computer. Even increasing the timeout to 30 seconds seems to not help…