Twitter Summary Card description missing in action

I have created a Twitter Summary Card for my blog but the description, which appears fine in Twitter Card Validator, is missing when I try to publish on Twitter. What’s up?

I tried to post the code but it didn’t appear so here is a link to an image of the code:

https://goo.gl/photos/Mnpsu6gJvHj72Szt6

After spending hours trying to figure out what was wrong with the code it turns out there is nothing wrong with it. It appears that tweets appear differently on Windows as opposed to iPhones and iPads. Windows shows my whole summary card including title, description and photo, but iPhone and iPad do not show the description. I’m thinking there may be a secret tweak for getting the whole summary card visible on iPad and iPhone.

After spending hours trying to figure out what was wrong with the code it turns out there is nothing wrong with it. It appears that tweets appear differently on Windows as opposed to iPhones and iPads. Windows shows my whole summary card including title, description and photo, but iPhone and iPad do not show the description. So the upshot of it all; summary cards aren’t viable a waste of time on iPad and iPhone.

It looks like you are using summary cards rather than summary large image cards. In this case, the card is really just a way to make the content more visual. You’re free to experiment with the alternative format. However, we often sometimes with the layouts and look between Android, iOS and web in particular, so they will sometimes vary from the example shown in the validator.

Apologies if this was not sufficiently clear in the documentation - we are always looking to improve how we cover these things and I’ll make a note that we should clarify.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.