Twitter Streaming API not working with twitter4j and Apache Flume

streaming
flume
twitter4j

Sorry my friend and thank you for your attention but, Can you give us a longer explanation? Because I don’t know if I need to decompile a file to change the path and then compile it again. Please help.

I’ve seen your solution, but I don’t know exactly where do I have to add the line you said. In which file do I need to add it. Thank you very much.

i also had same problem from 2 days then i follow this link now for me this problem is solved, i added twitter4j-media-support-3.0.3.jar, twitter4j-stream-3.0.3.jar, twitter4j-core-3.0.3.jar in flume’s lib directory and set the FLUME_CLASSPATH to these jar files.

i added twitter4j-media-support-3.0.3.jar, twitter4j-stream-3.0.3.jar, twitter4j-core-3.0.3.jar in flume’s lib directory and set the FLUME_CLASSPATH to these jar files. but problem is not solved.

thanks alot i have also got solution…! Actually the v1 endpoints of the streaming
API have been expired from now on you have to use the new endpoints. We
have made modifications in the jar file you can download the jar file
from this link… https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvudqfym5givwdg/flume-sources-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?dl=0

Flume Authentication Error 401

using this jar streaming became slow.

flume problem is solved but now hive is not working

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:522)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:677)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:621)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:160)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreUtils.newInstance(MetaStoreUtils.java:1523)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:86)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:132)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingMetaStoreClient.getProxy(RetryingMetaStoreClient.java:104)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createMetaStoreClient(Hive.java:3005)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.getMSC(Hive.java:3024)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:503)
… 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.MetaStoreUtils.newInstance(MetaStoreUtils.java:1521)
… 13 more
Caused by: javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Error creating transactional connection factory
NestedThrowables:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.NucleusJDOHelper.getJDOExceptionForNucleusException(NucleusJDOHelper.java:587)
at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.freezeConfiguration(JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.java:788)
at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.createPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.java:333)
at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.java:202)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at javax.jdo.JDOHelper$16.run(JDOHelper.java:1965)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.invoke(JDOHelper.java:1960)
at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.invokeGetPersistenceManagerFactoryOnImplementation(JDOHelper.java:1166)
at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOHelper.java:808)
at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOHelper.java:701)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.getPMF(ObjectStore.java:365)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.getPersistenceManager(ObjectStore.java:394)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.initialize(ObjectStore.java:291)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.setConf(ObjectStore.java:258)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:62)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RawStoreProxy.(RawStoreProxy.java:57)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RawStoreProxy.getProxy(RawStoreProxy.java:66)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.newRawStore(HiveMetaStore.java:593)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.getMS(HiveMetaStore.java:571)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.createDefaultDB(HiveMetaStore.java:624)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.init(HiveMetaStore.java:461)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.(RetryingHMSHandler.java:66)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingHMSHandler.getProxy(RetryingHMSHandler.java:72)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore.newRetryingHMSHandler(HiveMetaStore.java:5762)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:199)
at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.(SessionHiveMetaStoreClient.java:74)
… 18 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at org.datanucleus.plugin.NonManagedPluginRegistry.createExecutableExtension(NonManagedPluginRegistry.java:631)
at org.datanucleus.plugin.PluginManager.createExecutableExtension(PluginManager.java:325)
at org.datanucleus.store.AbstractStoreManager.registerConnectionFactory(AbstractStoreManager.java:282)
at org.datanucleus.store.AbstractStoreManager.(AbstractStoreManager.java:240)
at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.RDBMSStoreManager.(RDBMSStoreManager.java:286)
at org.datanucleus.plugin.NonManagedPluginRegistry.createExecutableExtension(NonManagedPluginRegistry.java:631)
at org.datanucleus.plugin.PluginManager.createExecutableExtension(PluginManager.java:301)
at org.datanucleus.NucleusContext.createStoreManagerForProperties(NucleusContext.java:1187)
at org.datanucleus.NucleusContext.initialise(NucleusContext.java:356)
at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.freezeConfiguration(JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.java:775)
… 47 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.jolbox.bonecp.BoneCPConfig
at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.connectionpool.BoneCPConnectionPoolFactory.createConnectionPool(BoneCPConnectionPoolFactory.java:59)
at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.ConnectionFactoryImpl.generateDataSources(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:238)
at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.ConnectionFactoryImpl.initialiseDataSources(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:131)
at org.datanucleus.store.rdbms.ConnectionFactoryImpl.(ConnectionFactoryImpl.java:8

I don’t think this error has anything to do with the Twitter API.

please , can you help me to solve this problem I also face this problem I dont know what should I do to get data from twitter . the commands are working but flume not transfer data into hadoop

this is my log file
23 May 2016 06:05:25,211 ERROR [SinkRunner-PollingRunner-DefaultSinkProcessor] (org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.HDFSEventSink.process:459) - process failed
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.cache.CacheBuilder.refreshAfterWrite(JLjava/util/concurrent/TimeUnit;)Lcom/google/common/cache/CacheBuilder;
at org.apache.hadoop.security.Groups.(Groups.java:97)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.Groups.(Groups.java:74)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.Groups.getUserToGroupsMappingService(Groups.java:303)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.initialize(UserGroupInformation.java:283)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.ensureInitialized(UserGroupInformation.java:260)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.loginUserFromSubject(UserGroupInformation.java:790)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getLoginUser(UserGroupInformation.java:760)
at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.getCurrentUser(UserGroupInformation.java:633)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache$Key.(FileSystem.java:2812)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache$Key.(FileSystem.java:2802)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2668)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.get(FileSystem.java:371)
at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.getFileSystem(Path.java:295)
at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter$1.call(BucketWriter.java:243)
at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter$1.call(BucketWriter.java:235)
at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter$9$1.run(BucketWriter.java:679)
at org.apache.flume.auth.SimpleAuthenticator.execute(SimpleAuthenticator.java:50)
at org.apache.flume.sink.hdfs.BucketWriter$9.call(BucketWriter.java:676)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Is there any solution for “twitter4j.TwitterStreamImpl: 404:The URI requested is invalid or the resource requested, such as a user, does not exist” we’re stuck at this point ? couldnt find a solution for this.

Is this related to Apache Flume?

What URI are you calling?

Thanks @umersafeer. You saved my life. I spent last 3 hours trying to figure out what went wrong in my perfectly fine code. Just one question -> these endpoints are responsible for generating the URL/URI which then bring back the data? Also what is the significance of twitter4j-media-support-3.0.3.jar, twitter4j-stream-3.0.3.jar, twitter4j-core-3.0.3.jar files ??

Thanks a lot for the solution, it’s working fine !

closed #55