Twitter setup through fabric is not setting up project

ios
twitterkit

I am getting an error everytime I am clicking on the TWTRLogInButton - I have setup using the Fabric App, all of the keys required are in the plist but I am consistently getting this error:

Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'TWTRInvalidInitializationException', reason: 'Attempted to call TwitterKit methods before calling the requisite start methods; you must call +[Fabric with:@[Twitter class]] before using the methods on TwitterKit. If you are not storing your consumerKey and consumerSecret in your application's info.plist you must also call -[TwitterKit startWithConsumerKey:consumerSecret:] before calling +[Fabric with:]'

Everything is in the AppDelegate that is required - I have even tried to initiate the key and secret via the method provide and still nothing.

Please advise

Can you share an example of the method you call in your application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions: method?

For example, [[Twitter sharedInstance] startWithConsumerKey:@"q1r0xThkM0" consumerSecret:@"ovEqziMkm63Qg2mj"];.

Twitter.sharedInstance().start(withConsumerKey: "", consumerSecret: "")
Fabric.with([Crashlytics.self, Twitter.self])

Just the standard that is in the documentation, obviously the keys are in there

You can try adding a breakpoint in application:didFinishLaunchingWithOptions: to make sure that your configuration method is being called and then a symbolic breakpoint in -[Twitter logInWithMethods:completion:]

Add Symbolic Breakpoint

Fill in Method Signature

That should allow you to confirm the order that the configuration and login calls are happening.

The login call is upon a user interaction - so ordering would not be an issue.

I have added a break point after the delegate set tokens:
po Twitter.sharedInstance().sessionStore.authConfig.consumerKey
po Twitter.sharedInstance().sessionStore.authConfig.consumerSecret

and they are printing out the set information and also when my custom button press and the Twitter.sharedInstance().logIn { (session, error) in is called and same again

It’s working, I have removed the plist entries that Fabric put into the app upon setup and it’s all working as expected now.

I guess you guys need to have a look at this.

Thanks for the heads up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.