Twitter Search Widget

Hello, I’m developing a web application wich uses the Google Maps API to return the coordinates of any location, and I want to include the Search Widget to get any tweet of that location. But to use a widget apparently it has to be created by the Widget Generator, and it can’t be modified programatically by my site. For instance, if the code given by the generator is:

<a class="twitter-timeline" href="https://twitter.com/search?q=geocode%3A39.862832%2C-4.027323%2C15km" data-widget-id="306383978204626944">Tweets sobre "geocode:39.862832,-4.027323,15km"</a>
<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script>

I can’t reuse it modifing the latitud and longitud because it doesn’t work.
How can I achive this avoiding the widget generator ?

Thanks in advance,

Juan

Dynamic search widgets using embedded timelines are not possible at this time.

Hi @episod, any update on this?

Twitter search embedded timelines without dynamic search query is very limiting.

Will this be supported in future?

While we’re adding flexible client-side selection options to a few embedded timeline types, search timelines are not among them. Dynamic search widgets aren’t going to be possible without rolling your own server-side solution for collection and your own client-side rendering code.

ah, that’s a bummer. But anyway, thanks for the awesome Twitter API. Love you folks! :slight_smile:

15 weeks passed… is it on the task list or is it too hard to add a parsing for data-search="" ?

Is this coming soon? I would like to have it for my master thesis, practical part

I can’t believe it’s not on Twitter’s todo list. Isn’t it strange ?

Any luck on this? I have it as a web services project too!

Are you planning to add flexible client-side selection options to search widgets anytime soon ?