Twitter Search API causing Problems

HI Team,

We are running a live contest on our website where we are declaring based on the number of images tweeted by a particular user with specific hashtag but we have been missing number of tweets by Search API and this is causing a serious problem to our brand.
Could you please let us know what is the issue here.

Please revert at earliest

@andypiper Please revert it is very urgent.

Per the Search API documentation, the index is not complete. The best alternative is to use the streaming APIs, or (for full fidelity) the Gnip products.

@andypiper Could you please let me know whether this could be because of the spamming as well.If i can share that person profile will you be able to identify whether this was due to spamming or not.
Since he has posted twenty entries in a minute with that hashtag

@andypiper i’ll be highly grateful to you if you can revert on my last post.
Please revert on the same.

Please help me to understand that i am not getting tweets against a hashtag for a particular user.
Could you please let me know whether this could be because of the spamming as well.If i can share that person profile will you be able to identify whether this was due to spamming or not.
Since he has posted twenty entries in a minute with that hashtag

This community can’t comment on specific account issues. I would suggest you have the user review the Twitter rules and best practices and linked articles.

@abraham
Thanks a lot.
Could you please help me understand that if someone posted 20 tweets in a minutes will those returned by the search API or will those tweets marked as spam tweets.

I have no idea how Twitter Search identifies what to include or not include in the index.

@andypiper Do you have any idea whether automated tweets are being returned by Twitter Search API or not since we are getting all the tweets except these automated tweets.
Please help me since i’ve to revert to my client.

Everything about the search endpoint is documented on the dev.twitter.com website. It is absolutely not guaranteed to deliver every Tweet and this is clearly described. I cannot tell you the specifics of individual accounts or internal algorithms. The best way to capture Tweets in these kinds of situations is either via the streaming endpoints (which are realtime and not historical), or to use the commercial Gnip APIs. I’m unable to help further based on the discussion here.