Twitter like button click crashed

Hi Team !

We have integrated twitter sdk sucessfully using fabric & getting tweets successfully but when user click on like (i.e. favorite) button app gets crashed. We have debugged the app & got issue in lib file (i.e. media object is null reference)

Please can you people help to us regarding this issue.

Is this on iOS or Android? Do you have any of the debugging information / crash data to share?

Is this on a timeline, or a single embedded Tweet? Does it happen on all Tweets, or only some of them?

We are aware of this issue on Android (when you like a quoted tweet) and it will be fixed in the next release of Twitter Kit.

Thanks Adam for your reply.

Yes you are right Adam. It happens in Android. So how can we implement that functionality now. Is there any alternative solution?

Thanks andy for reply.

It is in android. Here below we are placing logcat for that crash

java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to read from field ‘java.util.List com.twitter.sdk.android.core.models.TweetEntities.media’ on a null object reference

Hi Adam !

Can we have any alternate solution for that issue & when can we expect the next release of Twitter kit?

Nothing to specifically announce on release date today, but we do our best to make regular releases so please be patient - hopefully it won’t be too long before we can get the full fix to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks Andy for your response.

Still crash when user clicks “like” button. I’m using Fabric 1.7.2, TwitterKit 3.2.2, and TwitterCore 3.0.3

Any suggestions?