Twitter Kit will choose log in methods, it will not ask user to login if there is no account logged into iOS Device

ios
login

Twitter Kit will choose log in methods, it will not ask user to login if there is no account logged into iOS Device and also it is showing error like

[TwitterKit] did encounter error with message “Unable to authenticate using the system account.”: Error Domain=TWTRLogInErrorDomain Code=2 “User allowed permission to system accounts but there were none set up.” UserInfo=0x17026cb40 {NSLocalizedDescription=User allowed permission to system accounts but there were none set up.}

[TwitterKit] did encounter error with message “Error obtaining user auth token.”: Error Domain=TWTRLogInErrorDomain Code=-1 “<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Desktop applications only support the oauth_callback value ‘oob’
/oauth/request_token

” UserInfo=0x17026a5c0 {NSLocalizedDescription=<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Desktop applications only support the oauth_callback value ‘oob’
/oauth/request_token

}

Am using the Fabric (1.6.11), TwitterCore (2.7.0), TwitterKit (2.7.0) Version to integrating twitter

Please help me out
Thanks in advance

Hey @NandaAugusta2,

You can control the various mechanisms used to login via Twitter Kit. There’s more information on that here: https://docs.fabric.io/apple/twitter/log-in-with-twitter.html#log-in-with-twitter

It is described in the paragraph starting with “Developers can have more control over which methods…”

-Mike

Thanks for your response Bonnell.
I have used the custom button action to access the Twitter login with the LogIn method.
Here i have given my code where am using in the custom button click

The Code is,

Twitter.sharedInstance().logIn {
            (session, error) -> Void in
            if (session != nil) {

})
            }

Anything missed in this method or we need to do anything more in this?

Hey @NandaAugusta2,

As mentioned in the documentation:

“Developers can have more control over which methods are used for logging in to Twitter by using the TWTRLoginMethod enum defined in Twitter.h along with the [Twitter logInWithMethods:completion:] method. By default, Twitter Kit will choose log in methods in the following order [System Account] -> [SFSafariViewController] -> [UIWebView]. With the TWTRLoginMethod enum, the developer can choose which methods to use when providing the user with the ability to log in using Twitter”

I alse meet the same problem. Have you find any solution?

Hey @MilookD - I recommend checking out the URL Mike referenced that describes controlling the various login options: https://docs.fabric.io/apple/twitter/log-in-with-twitter.html#log-in-with-twitter

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.