Steps to reproduce:
- Open Twitter app on iPhone
- Open a link related to my website from the app
- On the web view opened by the app, try to “sign in using twitter”
- After getting request token and request token secret, I store them in the session as I need to sign all requests using these things going forward.
- But when I redirect to https://api.twitter.com/oauth/authenticate?oauth_token=NPcudxy0yU5T3tBzho7iCotZ3cnetKwcTIRlX0iwRl0 as mentioned in https://dev.twitter.com/web/sign-in/implementing it suddenly opens safari browser
- This creates a new session and I lose the request token and request token secret that I stored in step 4.
This causes the sign in to fail in my app. Is there a solution to this problem? This same thing works perfectly fine on Android but fails on iOS.
PS: I am not sure how can this post be considered spam or promotional.