Twitter intent callback broken for Chrome on iTouch

I recently added Tweet Intent to my website and was testing it with different devices. While testing I found that Twitter Intent doesn’t fire a callback on Chrome on iTouch. Also it doesn’t close the Twttier intent page automatically. Where as for the same device, it worked when I used Safari (intent window closed and callback fired).

Is there a known problem with Twitter Intent on Chrome+iTouch? Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks.

Hi Nikhil.

I’ve not had a chance to deeply investigate yet, but I’m under the impression that Chrome on iOS does not support the PostMessage browser API between separate tabs/windows, which would prevent any intent event messages being passed around. It seems odd, but is likely a limitation of iOS’s web views. Regrettably it’s unlikely we can do anything to provide the feature unless Google add a compatible API to their browser.

Ben

A related bug to track is this one: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=136610, concerning parent windows between webviews in Chrome/iOS. It doesn’t look positive it can be fixed.

Thanks Ben, you saved my time! I’ll track the bug.
Sincerely appreciate you taking time out for reply.

Thanks,
Nikhil

Hey guys,

Would anyone have a recommended workaround to this issue? I guess Google Chrome still doesn’t have a fix after a few years.

If anyone can recommend anything it’d be much appreciated.

Thanks,