Twitter feed not showing in all breakpoints Adobe MUSE

muse

#1

I’m using the latest version of Adobe Muse and having trouble getting the Twitter feed to show in all breakpoints. I’ve tried embedding a new html in each breakpoint and ‘hiding’ it in all the other breakpoints so that each breakpoint has its own embedded timeline but this didn’t fix it. It’s very random as it’s showing in about half of the breakpoints I’ve made but not the rest - no pattern to it that I can find at all. Here’s the html for one of the ones that isn’t showing:

This timeline is not showing:
<a class="twitter-timeline" data-lang="en" data-width="300" data-height="400" data-link-color="#2B7BB9" href="https://twitter.com/Geocurve_Ltd">Tweets by Geocurve_Ltd</a> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This timeline is showing fine:
<a class="twitter-timeline" data-lang="en" data-width="300" data-height="400" data-link-color="#2B7BB9" href="https://twitter.com/Geocurve_Ltd">Tweets by Geocurve_Ltd</a> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I’ve searched all the Adobe Muse forums but no definitive answers.


#2

I’m not familiar with Adobe Muse, but downloaded a trial version to have a quick look into this for you this morning. Bear in mind that I am not an expert at all (and I’m not sure I understand what breakpoints are in this context…).

The two chunks of code you’ve pasted there, you’re using the same timeline / user. Are you saying that this same code works in one place but not in others?

I was able to quickly build a page and export as HTML - the timeline renders fine, as long as I insert https: on the front of the reference to the URL for the widgets.js script in the HTML embed code.


#3

Hmm, just tried adding a breakpoint, and the HTML block seemed to “lose” the https: addition in the new breakpoint context. Re-adding it, and exporting, means that the page renders OK again.

I hope that helps you?


#4

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for your help and for downloading Muse - I really appreciate it. I’m not a developer but a graphic designer so I’m afraid my knowledge of code is limited.

But, yes, that’s exactly the problem - it’s a fully responsive website with breakpoints all the way through from the desktop site to the mobile site and the twitter feed is only showing in about half of them. It seems to be a really common problem judging by threads in countless forums but I haven’t yet found a fix. For now I’ve just had to remove it from the tablet size downwards as that’s where it starts to become intermittent. The desktop sizes are all fine but once it narrows down to about 800pixels it disappears in some of the breakpoints but not others when I preview the site.

Thanks for your help and I’ll keep looking into it but will also try putting ‘https:’ in front of the code.

Can you clarify where I’d need to add https: into this:

Below is the code I’ve just copied from the timeline which already has ‘https:’ in it - can you clarify where I put it if I need to add it in again?

Tweets by Geocurve_Ltd

I’ve customized the height and width within twitter - is this likely to be causing a problem?

Thanks Andy, and please don’t waste too much time on it!

Holly

[1491220279224_behance]https://www.behance.net/hollykaterfe08
Please check out my portfolio on Behance

Holly Ramsay
Freelance Graphic Designer & Art Editor
m 07985 771383
t 01621 869378
e hollykateramsay@hotmail.com


#5

Hi Andy, sorry I’ve only just found your reply in my junk folder for spent easy. Even though the first one came through to my inbox! So apologies for the delay. I’ve actually deleted the Twitter feed from the website now as I couldn’t fix it but I will try adding it again with that in mind and see what happens.
Thanks so much for your help.
Holly


#6

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.