Twitter feed not loading

I am working on a website for one of my clients and am having an issue with the Twitter feed showing up. I’ve never had an issue viewing the feed on my end but it only loads sometimes, for the client. In the screenshots that she provided, the Twitter border loads but nothing from their content feed. I am using IE9 and she is on IE7 but I don’t think that should impact anything. Not sure where to go from here. Are there any bugs or fixes to get the feed to show up consistently?

Are they behind an IP address shared by many people? If you’re using a Twitter widget, it will issue anonymous requests, which are capped at 150/hour/IP address. A network where several people load widgets or issue other anonymous API requests can exceed this limit.

Is there any work around for this issue?

This started happening to me in Firefox (13.0.1,1) native to freebsd (8.2) after a recent perl bump (5.12 -> threaded 5.16) on an amd64 system. However, twitter appears entirely normal in Opera (12.00).

This is very mysterious as I cannot think what might affect IE and Firefox, but NOT Opera.

The Twitter API has been recently updated and this started to affect some of our WordPress websites that use the GoodLayers Twitter Widget. It seemed to be affecting other twitter widgets as well.

We’ve found a solution that fixes it. Hopefully this helps: