Using streaming API to get social data and presenting it to UI after some analytical operations. Having hard time in correctly displaying twitter data on UI. Some of the characters like emoticons, curly quotes and other multibyte chars gets messed up and become either question mark or Junk.
What I tried is changing encoding throughout to UTF-8 (No luck)
Converting emoticons to equivalent HTML Hex but still some of the emoticons are left (No luck)
Please show me some direction as I’ve tried lots of things.
Technologies Involved: JAVA, UNIX, KAFKA, HBASE, SOLR [Data passes through all these tech in this sequence]