Twitter Cards Validator issue - have tried all official troubleshooting suggestions

Hello

I am getting this nightmare problem with the Cards validator and would love it if someone could help! I have looked at other posts and have had no success.

Here is the error:

Unable to render Card preview
Log
ERROR: Failed to fetch page due to: DnsResolutionRequestTimeout

Here is my metadata (I’ve included the Facebook stuff in case it helps somehow):

<meta property="twitter:card" content="summary_large_image" />
	<meta property="twitter:site" content="@mysite" />
	<meta property="twitter:title" content="My Title" />
	<meta property="twitter:description" content="My description" />
	<meta property="twitter:image:src" content="http://www.mysite.com/imgs/image.jpg" />
	<meta property="twitter:image:alt" content="The Product Image" />
	<!-- FACEBOOK OPEN GRAPH TAGS -->
	<meta property="fb:app_id" content="1234567890" />
	<meta property="og:url" content="http://www.mysite.com" />
	<meta property="og:type" content="company" />
	<meta property="og:title" content="My Title" />
	<meta property="og:description" content="My description" />
	<meta property="og:image" content="http://www.mysite.com/imgs/image.jpg" />
	<meta property="og:image:width" content="1200" />
	<meta property="og:image:height" content="630" />

If anyone has any suggestions I’d be grateful. I have no idea what’s going wrong here. Something which I think may be significant is that if I try any of the other websites on my host I get the same issue, but other websites work fine. If this is a server problem I wouldn’t know how to rectify this i.e. what to tell my host or change in server settings etc.

Thanks!
Mark

What’s the URL you’re trying to validate?

The error message indicates that this is a DNS Resolution / networking problem, so it could be that your host blocks our crawler’s IP ranges, or that something is not set up correctly with the DNS records.

Hello Andy

Thanks a lot for the quick response. The URL I’m trying to validate is http://www.livingsafely.com.

Would you have any suggestions on what exactly I need to do re: IP ranges? Is it simply a case of contacting my host support and asking them to check whether the range is blocked? Regarding the DNS settings, I’ve checked my domain name server info and it’s all pointing to the correct place, so I can’t see anything more I can do there.

Thanks again
Mark

From this side, it doesn’t look like it is an IP issue, but a long DNS resolution time. Have you changed the setup recently? I’m wondering if some change has not propagated fully yet. Apart from that, I’m a little stumped.

Hi Andy

When you ask whether I have changed the setup recently, do you mean anything in particular? The only thing I’ve changed is the meta data on the page I’m trying to get working. Could it have anything to do with keep-alive or caching?

Thanks
Mark

I meant the DNS settings.

Ah ok, no I haven’t changed any DNS settings or the nameservers…

Andy, do you perhaps have any suggestions for a workaround? Due to the nature of the website it’s quite important I get the cards working. Any thoughts you have would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Not at the moment and I still can’t understand why we are seeing this DNS timeout issue when the site works fine otherwise. Appreciate you’d like the cards to work! I’ll continue to see what I can do from this side, but no promises unfortunately!

Hi Andy

Towards the bottom of this post a user mentions that content-type: text/html may be having something to do with it. Do you think there’s anything I could try on this? Have metatag and robots.txt - so why does fetching fail?

I’ll email my host too to see if there is a setting they could play around with.

Thanks
Mark

I’m pretty confident that we are looking at an issue between our fetcher / infrastructure, and DNS lookups against your domain. I just don’t know the resolution.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.