Twitter Cards Summary With Large Image Not Showing

Hi there I have done everything on the trouble shooting page to get my large summary card to work and images are set to the standard size however, when I paste the URL of the post into twitter all I get is a gray square and my sites tagline with no description or image.

I believe it may be due to my robot.txt file but I have no clue on how to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

https://www.stepherella.com/pirates-and-princesses-disneyland-paris/ :

INFO: Page fetched successfully
INFO: 28 metatags were found
INFO: twitter:card = summary_large_image tag found
INFO: Card loaded successfully

Troubleshooting steps attempted [note that we will not prioritise posts unless there is evidence of following the troubleshooting guides]:

Not sure how many plugins you have installed, but you have at least 4 sets of twitter:card tags in your page. I checked in a browser and both twitter:description and twitter:image appear 4 times, and the last of these is blank. So, no description or image is served.

<meta name="twitter:description" content="">
<meta name="twitter:image" content="">

Thank you for replying so quickly!

I have the plugins:

JM Twitter Cards
and Twitter plugin

I’m not sure how to fill out these Meta descriptions or where to access the code or how to get rid of the multiple Meta tags?

Any further help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Sorry but we are not WordPress experts either so it is difficult to offer advice and support. You’ve clearly got multiple plugins or sources adding meta tags. Basically you’ll need to fix that for cards to work reliably.

I have removed all twitter plugins and it’s still showing as a gray box I’m afraid unless it takes time to re crawl.

I’m still seeing two sets of cards tags in the source of the page, so it looks like something is inserting them. The last set is blank, which is why your card is not rendering the way you’d like

When I click disable on the YOAST plugin it removes the other set but I think this needs to be enabled to add the Meta Tags and I cannot find the source for the other as all my Twitter plugins have been removed now. Unfortunately I do not know how to fix the blank code on the other one but thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.