Twitter Card Validator displaying error message

Hello!
I’m trying to understand why my site’s twitter card won’t pull an image. When I view the page source, the meta tags reference the correct image URL. However, when I test the page in the twitter card validator, I get the following error:

ERROR: Fetching the page failed because other errors.

Here is a URL to test: https://www.lightspeedmarketing.com/may-4th-musings-star-wars-day/

Can anyone shed any light on this issue for me? I’m not sure how to troubleshoot such a vague error message.

Thank you!

You’re right, this is a vague error message, I’d like to see that improved!

It looks like the name of your server does not match the name of your certificate (I see an unrecognized name error when hitting it with openssl s_client -servername www.lightspeedmarketing.com -connect www.lightspeedmarketing.com:443 -state -quiet) - this SSL handshake error prevents the cards crawler and validator from fetching the page.

You’ll need to ensure that your ServerName and/or ServerAlias are set correctly. There’s more detail on this issue in this thread - it’s a Java security design choice.

Thanks Andy - I had read about this handshake error somewhere else, so good to get confirmation on that.
Will look into this and follow-up if any more errors arise. Appreciate it!

Sorry that the message is not more useful at the moment - working to see if that can be made more obvious.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.