Twitter Card Validation Error: certificate verify failed

I’m trying to set up a Lead Generation Card using a custom POST data URL. When testing, I get the following error:

Result: Failure. Error submitting card data: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed.

What does this error mean and how do I rectify it?

Take a look at this related posts, they may get you what you need:

I have the exact same problem when I want to make a Lead Generation card with a Mailchimp integration. This is on their servers (https//triggi.us12.list-manage.com/tweet-subscribe) and the SSL certificate looks fine when I test it on SSLlabs.com. You can see the error I get on this screenshot. I checked the above threads but there is no suitable solution for me.
I hope you can help me out. What should I do?

Lead Generation cards are part of our advertiser platform, so I’d suggest using the Help link at the top right hand corner of the ads.twitter.com dashboard page to open a support ticket.

At first glance, what I’m seeing in the screenshot is that even though your certificate may be valid, there may be an issue with the server not supporting TLS (instead of SSLv3). I might be mistaken.