Twitter Card Not Showing

Description of issue:
No Twitter Cards Work for our Site.
Card is not loading, let alone images loading.
Cards which did work previously now have no images.
When validating user card validator - message always reads: ERROR: Failed to fetch page due to: DnsResolutionRequestTimeout

All Links work on linkedin for a card.

URL affected (must be public):

Troubleshooting steps attempted [note that we will not prioritise posts unless there is evidence of following the troubleshooting guides]:

Twitter Card Troubleshoot Guide:

"When I validate, I get the message, “exceeded 15.seconds to pink-floyd while waiting for a response for the request, including retries (if applicable)”
NOT APPLICABLE

There are a couple of possible explanations for this:

Your CMS site is configured to block web crawlers. If you are using Wordpress, Blogger or another hosted CMS provider, your settings may inadvertently blocking crawler access from our servers. You can read our CMS integration page to see how to enable web crawler access to your CMS site.

ALREADY USING JM TWITTER CARDS - STILL DOESN’T WORK

Your website has a robots.txt file that is blocking Twitter from getting your Card metadata. To learn how to diagnose this case, click here.

NO ROBOT TEXT FILES PRESENT

Your Apache .htaccess file is denying requests.You can check this by opening your .htaccess file and looking for something like the following:
deny from 199.59.156.*

NO IDEA HOW TO DO THIS

An image is too large for our web crawler to download. Our web crawler will typically download up to 5MB images. If you are seeing this issue, you may want to scale down the size of the image significantly and try again.

IMAGE IS 2MB

A network lag is causing a delay in fetching your site/images. If your server is in a remote location and/or has unreliable network access, our web crawlers may have difficulty downloading your meta tags and/or images. Please retry as necessary.

SERVER IS IN OUR BUILDING

Your web host may be blocking web crawler access to your site. You should contact your hosting provider and ask them to ensure they are not blocking Twitter access by either IP or ASNUM. Twitter’s aggregate outbound IP ranges are 199.16.156.0/22 and 199.59.148.0/22. Twitter’s ASNUM is AS13414.

WEB HOST IS NOT BLOCKING

"When I validate, I get the message, “Failed to get a proxied URL for the image.”

NOT APPLICABLE

The most common cause is that the image specified via the twitter:image tag isn’t publicly accessible on the web. This often happens when testing against a staging/internal-only network. To resolve, make sure your image can be accessed via the public internet.

If you want to make your private network accessible to the validator, click here to see some options.

When I validate, I get the message, “Invalid Image. This image cannot be fetched.”

NOT APPLICABLE

There are a couple of possible explanations for this:

The dimensions of the image are smaller than the recommended size. We suggest that images are a minimum of 144 x 144 pixels in size.
A network lag is causing a delay in fetching your images. If your server is in a remote location and/or has unreliable network access, our web crawler may have difficulty downloading your meta tags and/or images. Please retry as necessary.
As a side note, we’re working to improve error messages in the Card validator. Please be patient as we make updates.

When I validate my App Card, I get the message, “Caught Exception in App Proxy Service…”
This error often looks like:

NOT APPLICABLE

The most common cause is that the ID specified for the twitter:app:id.* tag is prefixed with “id”. Try removing the prefix (so it only has an integer value) and re-submitting to the validator.

When I validate my App Card, I get the message, “Invalid card type.”

NOT APPLICABLE

The most common cause is that the page is missing a content-type META directive. It might look something like the following

The validator can’t reach my testing/staging environment. Many testing or staging environments run under restricted access. As a result, our validator can’t access these servers to read the Card tags.

Card Display Issues
My Tweet is missing the image/video/summary text.
There are a number of possible reasons for this. Here are some suggestions and ways to troubleshoot:

Your Player Card has yet to be whitelisted. Please run your example URL through the Card Validator, and click the Request Approval button to begin the whitelist process.

ERROR MESSAGE AS MENTIONED BEFORE

Your website has a robots.txt file that is blocking us from getting your Card metadata. To learn how to diagnose this case, click here.

NO ROBOT TEXT FILES.

The video format is not supported. For steps to debug your video, click here.

NO VIDEO

It makes no sense how the card works in this developer topic and in linkedin but not on twitter…

We have tried multiple different solutions with none of them working. Seems to be no consistent pattern of problems, other than when we post the link - nothing shows up, so it is impossible to tell why the cards do not work.

This looks like a network resolution issue. It seems to be taking more than 5 seconds to resolve the address of the server. This is usually a temporary issue with the network.

This is an issue which occurs with all of our pages, I have tried multiple times over the past few months - Is this an issue with our network?

you are right ACSS i also tried this on my website and it takes long time to load i checked my source code and move some js to footer and the was problem solved

andy told this was a server issue. but it doesn’t seems to be a server issue

i suggest you to defer javascript on your website and make experiment with js move them from header to footer if the problem doesn’t solve then check if some js and css blockage

take a look on your site robots.txt if there is any url from twitter then remove it

if problem still doesn’t not solve then try to load a onload function on your site with javascript if the function works then there is not js blocking on your site

hope this will help you, if not then reply this thread i will try to provide some more suggestion that will work for you : -)

i am facing another problem with twitter card i add the correct code on my pages but google doesn’t indexing it i don’t know why i implemented the code about 2 months ago

if you know about this issue then then please tell me you can check site address from below
url

We are now having the same issue with another link - not working after two days of being posted

Andy - we are having consistent issues with our twitter cards, how long does it normally take for a card to be able to be used?

This link was posted two days ago - and the image is still not working for unknown reasons

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.