Twitter Card is validated, but won't load in posts

**Description of issue: ** The Twitter Card is setup & validating properly, but when attempting to tweet the link, the loading symbol stops at about 1 o’clock every time, and the card never loads.

**URL affected (must be public): ** http://www.kaaltv.com/news/rochester-minnesota-2nd-street-sw-project/4887627/?cat=10151twitter-post

Troubleshooting steps attempted [note that we will not prioritise posts unless there is evidence of following the troubleshooting guides]: I’ve checked that all Metatags are properly implemented, the Twitter Card validator is properly validating with no problems and the domain is white listed, and I checked that we have no robots.txt files blocking the crawler. Screenshots are attached.

Hi @ABC6NEWS.

The “loading symbol” you are seeing is actually the character counter. It changed when Twitter switched from 140 characters to 280 characters. The more characters you use, the more the character counter fills up. This is on both desktop and mobile versions of Twitter.

To solve your issue with the Card not appearing - the preview of the Card will not appear in the Tweet composer unless on mobile. Since you’re Tweeting from a web browser, the URL Tweeted will automatically be rendered to a Card once sent.

I posted this Tweet with the given URL and the Card rendered perfectly fine.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.