Twitter Card Blogger Image Problem

Hello all,

This exact question was addressed in another thread, but I didn’t understand the answer and that thread is now closed. I apologize for opening a new thread.

I run three daily webcomics on different Blogger sites. I recently tried to set up Twitter cards for them. The title and description show up, but the imaged is grayed out on the Twitter card.

In the other thread, the answer given was to use Twitter mark ups. What does that mean? Do I need to change the “twitter:image” to “og:image?”

My html knowledge is basically limited to copying and pasting code other people say will work. Is there a simple tweak here that I’m missing, or do I need to start over? Thanks.

Where you have DIRECT IMAGE URL you need to put a working https link to your image.

Thanks for the swift reply. Blogger just has one template for the whole site. So if I put a https link in there, it will only show that image, right? It sound like if I linked to 10 different comics, it would always just show the comic in the HTML on the main template. I may need to move away from Blogger and make a real website.

There should be a way to make Blogger dynamically insert a relevant image from the post each time, but I haven’t used it for about ten years so I don’t know the syntax for that, sorry.

I did some research and got in way over my head, but I think I’m a step closer to getting the relevant image from each post. Now I’m getting this error message: “ERROR: Invalid value (message: Field description failed to validate because: text expects tag property, but not found in Map().)”

Based on what I Googled, that means I’m still leaving one of the data fields blank that needs to be filled in. Can you tell me which one? Here’s the screen shot. Thanks for all your help.

That would be twitter:description - it looks like the Blogger code only populates that field if blog.metaDescription is set for the post.

Thanks. That actually solved it. Now I just have to go back and add meta tags to 1,300 comics. See you all in five years.