Twitter API ME 1.8: Now with OAuth support

Hi, all

I am pleased to announce hereby that Twitter API ME 1.8 is now released with great news.

This new version is very special, because it comes with full support to OAuth. Since Twitter changed its Application Permission Model, requiring apps to use OAuth to have access to user’s direct messages, Twitter API ME developers were not longer able to access DMs from their apps. Before v1.8, only xAuth was supported.

Other great thing about OAuth is that developers will no longer need to request xAuth permission to Twitter for their apps keys, in order to start working with the API. Since OAuth flow is more secure, Twitter trusts promptly any registered app, because there is no way for apps to get access to user’s password. So, no more you have to wait days or until your app is done, so Twitter decides to grant you permission.

It is also important to point out, OAuth is available for all platforms supported: Java ME, Android and RIM.

Besides OAuth, Twitter API ME 1.8 comes with other news:

• Possibility to configure additional connection parameters for RIM platform.
  • Improved RIM connection string solving the issue of when the devices is subscribed to BIS.
  • Geo-located Trend search based on Yahoo! Where On Earth ID.
  • Bug fixes and replacement of some deprecated Twitter API’s resources.

I am really glad to have one more version of this successful project released. In addition, I would also like to thank everybody that contributed with the project, reporting bugs and requesting new features through our Express Support.

I strongly recommend you to migrate to v1.8 right away. So, download it now. I also prepared some sample apps to help developers to understand how to integrate OAuth into their apps. Have fun!

Twitter API ME - Home
http://kenai.com/projects/twitterapime

Twitter API ME - Download
http://kenai.com/projects/twitterapime/downloads/directory/1.8

Twitter API ME - Sample Apps using OAuth
http://kenai.com/projects/twitterapime/downloads/directory/Miscellaneous

I hope everybody enjoy it!

Regards,

Hi when I include Twitter api me 1.8 in my blackberry application I am getting
Error starting app: module has verification error 2661 at offset oc19(codefile version 78)

Please help me on this.
Thanks in advance

Yeah me to same error, only offset changes

Error starting app: module has verification error 2662 at offset 0a05(codefile version 78)

Ya please if any finds the problem … please report .

i am using blackberry simulator 9900 O.S 7 / O.S 6 tried it on both, same error.
And this happens directly after include the ‘twitter api me rim’ library into the project.

I believe you guys are forgetting to mark the libs to be exported in Project Properties -> Build Path -> Order & Export. Mark Twitter API ME’s jar and its dependent libraries.

Hi. I am using twitter_api_me-1.8.1 to integrate twitter in my blackberry application. Everything goes right but there are two problems. 1) I am not able to enter anything in text field. 2) The login page content is not displayed properly. (Displays squares and dots on the page. 9800). If i try it in OS 7 simulator it is displayed in hindi language and there is no any problem or issue.

Any one face this problem, and got the solution please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Please help…!!!

Hi. I am using twitter_api_me-1.8.1 to integrate twitter in my blackberry application. Everything goes right but there is one problem. i am getting a pin number and apparently i am suppose to return to the appilcation and enter the pin number to complete my authorazation.i dont know where i am suppose to enter this pin number because theres no field to enter this pin.

Any one face this problem, and got the solution please help me.

Hi all, I want to know:How to post a image to twitter?

I am also facing same issue, can you please tell anyone where will enter the pincode or how to go on APP.

If you’re using out-of-band mode OAuth (also known as pin-code OAuth), you need to create a user interface to collect the PIN number from the user. After you collect it, then you move on to the next step. If the operating system is capable of URL-based callbacks instead, I recommend using a custom callback scheme and avoiding out-of-band mode OAuth.

Hi,

I am using twitter_api_me-1.8.2-rim.zip & TwitterAPIME-RIM-OAuthSample.zip for testing, But i am unable to see the content on the page & i am unable to get the token. Please help me for solving this. I am using 9700 5.0 OS.
Thank you

i am getting this message when i run my application “oauth_request_token_failed” anyone please help.
i am requesting from the simulator .

Hi. I am using twitter_api_me-1.8.1 to integrate twitter in my blackberry application. Everything goes right but the login page content is not displayed properly. (Displays squares and dots on the page. 9800). Any one face this problem, and got the solution please help me.
Only blacks square appearing.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.

@wli_demo:
can you please help me out.

Hi All,

If you are not getting the login page content is not displayed properly. In BlackBerry

Then plz follow this link.

http://kenai.com/projects/twitterapime/forums/forum/topics/523812-A-test-for-invalid-characters-on-Blackberry#p571144

Please, use BrowserFieldOAuthDialogWrapper in place of BrowserContentManagerOAuthDialogWrapper class. It works fine for me.

I got this success by the help of @ernandesmjr Ernandes Mourao Jr

Thanks Ernandes

yes, i have facing same problem, after getting pin number, don’t know what i have to do with that pin number, doing back it return to my application,
Any help would be appricated

Yes, i have facing same problem, after getting pin number, don’t know what i have to do with that pin number, doing back it return to my application,
Any help would be appreciated

hi all,

This problem is resolved when you put right Call_
back url.

i am also facing same problem and nw i resolved.

how to open twitter authorization page without details of permission in over android app