Twitter and KNIME

Hello friends my name is ayhan.

i use the twitter workflow for knime, it works very well, everything is right, but there is one problem, i need it that the workflow runs for two weeks, so it must run by itself, i found the way to build in knime, but now the problem is, that twitter kicks me out i get these error message,

“ERROR Twitter Search Execute failed: 429:Returned in API v1.1 when a request cannot be served due to the application’s rate limit having been exhausted for the resource. See Rate Limiting in API v1.1.(https://dev.twitter.com/docs/rate-limiting/1.1)
message - Rate limit exceeded
code - 88”

can u help me please ?

Did you read the document that was referenced? The Search API is limited to a certain number of calls in each 15 minute time window. Your workflow will need to respect that limit in order to operate over a 2 week period.

I had thought that i can skip that, if i pay some money??

So Andy, did you use Knime with the twitter workflow ?

I’m afraid I’ve never used Knime - hopefully another member of the community can help out here, but the rate limits will still apply as described above.

(Moving this to the REST API category as the KNIME nodes use REST not Streaming)

I’ve just downloaded KNIME and tried it out with a simple search flow. It is a pretty nice tool! (although really should use the latest logo image in the nodes!).

I see that they have included information about rate limits in the IDE itself, so they should be fairly clear.

Andy i build it in twitter , but if i want to let it run more than one run, it gives me this error message

I think you will just have to have your app run less frequently as you are hitting the rate limit window for Search API and User endpoint requests.

how u mean it ?. i need so much data as possible

Well, unfortunately, you can only request a limited number of tweets per 15 minute window. That’s how the API works.