Twitter 1.14.4 broken

I have Twitter 1.14.4 installed according to the fabric app. The TwitterCore framework in the build is broken for me.

TwitterCore.framework/TwitterCore(TWTRSession.o), building for iOS, but linking in object file built for tvOS, for architecture arm64

TwitterCore.framework/TwitterCore, missing required architecture i386 in file /TwitterCore.framework/TwitterCore

Hi @mdahlstrom, did you try quitting the mac app and running:

rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.crashlytics.mac

Also check if you have multiple copies of TwitterCore.framework in your project directory. If you have the bad 1.14.3 in your filesystem it might still be picked up by Xcode.

yes I have tried this and there is only one TwitterCore.framework in the path. The issues remain.

@mdahlstrom Are you using Digits or just Twitter Kit?

just TwitterKit

Thanks, can you try this out?

Can you delete TwitterKit.framework and TwitterCore from your project and then run the following commands:

ditto -xk ~/Library/Caches/com.crashlytics.mac/5b91b14e832a7b1c29441ec5ba109810/sdks/ios/com.twitter.sdk.ios-default.zip ~/Desktop/

ditto -xk ~/Library/Caches/com.crashlytics.mac/5b91b14e832a7b1c29441ec5ba109810/sdks/ios/com.twittercore.sdk.ios-default.zip ~/Desktop/

which will copy the frameworks to the desktop in an empty folder. You can then manually add that back into your project.

Let me know how it goes! :slight_smile:

That seems to have done the trick. How about moving to the two conventional library distributions instead of an app that gets confused?

Awesome to hear it @mdahlstrom and thanks for the feedback. I’ll definitely share this with the team, but don’t forget, you can also use Cocoapods if you prefer.

Thanks for helping out, much appreciated. if you instead had said Carthage, I’d pay attention :wink:

Great to know!

finally I was able to solve the problems with 1.14.3 and 1.14.4
but only after the “ditto” commands
thanks
Antonio

Thanks for letting me know @synthi, glad to hear you’re all set now and sorry for the issue.